Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New addition to the family

Just finalized the deal for my new 1970 Challenger! It's rough but I'm convinced it's gonna be something special when I'm done.

The pictures you see were taken a couple weeks back. The owner was kind enough to let me go down there alone and inspect the car at my leisure. I crawled all over it and took several photos.

Basically, the car is a numbers matching R/T 383 four speed car. Original color is Go Mango with a vinyl top. The car has no power brakes or power steering. There is no console and it is likely a low option go fast car. Of special note to me is that the serial number is less than 800 which implies a pretty early production car. Since 1970 is the first year ever for the Challenger, this could be one of the very first cars to hit the showrooms.

The seller is going to deliver our new addition this weekend and I can hardly wait.

It is going to look great parked next to the 70 Super Bee in the garage.










1 comment: